Boss OC-3 Super Octave Effects Pedal
Inspired by the legacy of Boss OC-2 with the capability of producing notes one and two octaves down
Generate some thundering bass tones by pairing your trusty electric guitar with the Boss OC-3 Super Octave Effects Pedal. Octave pedals are perfect companions for those rock and heavy metal guitarists who love aggressive playing styles. This octave pedal follows the sublime legacy of the Boss OC-2. Its circuit design is based on OC-2 with some modifications. Two new octave effects are added in the OC-3 octave effects pedal, drive and polyphonic octave mode. For OC-2 fans, you need to turn the mode switch to receive the classic dual octave effect.
Two Brand New Octave Effects
The OC-3 octave effects pedal features two octave effects, drive and polyphonic. With the polyphonic mode you can add octaves when playing chords. This pedal features an evolutionary step taken by Boss. Switch to drive mode and strum your guitar with aggression for achieving powerful bass in the tone. The octave pedal features a special mode dedicated for OC-2’s traditional ‘dual octave’ effects. It allows you to blend the original tone with the tone one octave below and the tone two octaves.
A Place for Bass Players Too
The Boss OC-3 includes a dedicated input for bass guitars. When you connect your bass guitar with the OC-3 octave effects pedal, it automatically revamps its settings to suit the heavy sound requirements. OC-3 provides stability for bass players when they generate an octave effect.
Simple Operation and Smooth Response
The quality of OC-3 lies in is simplicity and high-responsiveness. These two aspects matter the most when you perform live on stage or during a high-production recording session. In both situations, you want the best from your guitar and you as well. OC-3 ensures reliable operation in such high-pressure moments and keeps you focused on your performance. The controls of the octave pedal are easy to learn. Once you get familiarised with them, you can tweak them and try different possibilities for enhancing your performance.
- First compact pedal with true polyphonic octave effects
- Allows to add octaves while playing chords
- Includes drive mode for adding distortion effects to the octave sounds
- Features a dedicated OC-2 mode for blending the original sound with two octaves
- A separate input for bass and electric guitars
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kΩ
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kΩ or Greater
- Residual Noise: -96dBu (IHF-A, Type)
- Controls: Pedal switch, DIRECT LEVEL knob, OCT1 LEVEL knob, CONTROL knob, and MODE knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, and AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry battery (9 V type), and AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 50mA (DC 9V)
- Compatibility: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)
- Accessories: Manual and Dry battery (9 V type) S-006P/9V (6F22/9 V)
- Dimensions: 2-7/8 × 5-1/8 × 2-3/8-inch (W × D × H)
- Weight: 440 g
- GUITAR IN jack
- BASS IN Jack
- OUTPUT (MONO) jack
- DIRECT OUT Jack
- AC adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
Made in China
Got this amazing pedal for an u believable price. And sounds amazing! The poly mode is what attracted me to this one, myself being an acoustic guitarist!
bajaao is best place to buy music stuff. better price than any other places and good delivery!
The Pedal is really versatile, for getting a dirty subby bass tone. Also delivery from Bajaao was extremely smooth and packaging was on point.
the polyphonic mode is mind blowing. Others are great and simple too but this mode is simply amazing.. Being a boss loyalist I try almost all the products and even this one did not dissapoint