Fender American Special Stratocaster Electric Guitar
Fender introduces the American Special Series Stratocaster guitar, which puts everything you want in an affordable U.S.-made instrument within your reach. Features include an alder body, maple neck with 9.5"-radius fingerboard and jumbo frets, Texas Special pickups, vintage-style synchronized tremolo and gloss urethane body finish (satin urethane neck finish). The American Special Series -- guitars for the times.
American Special SSS Stratocaster Specifications:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup) Greasebucket Tone Circuit, (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass) Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup), Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: Greasebucket Tone Circuit (Rolls off Highs Without Adding Bass)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Switch Tips: White
- Strings: Fender USA Bullets 3250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Available colors: 2 Tone Sunburst (2TSB) and Candy Apple Red (CAR).
This product includes Beginner's Guide to Learning Guitar E-book
Made in USA
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
My first Fender Strat. Much better construction and electronics compared to the Mexican ones. The clean tones out of those single coils are utterly satisfactory. Goes very well with all my pedals too. A joy to play.
Further to my previous post, I play it through a boss gt-100 and via a Marshall MG30CFX. You can get any tone from this guitar. An incredible axe, just buy it.
I have this axe, and it truly rocks. The playing is butter smooth, and the tone is fantastic. It is an incredible musical instrument, which many feel is better than the American Standard with the 50s pups. The Texas Specials provide incredible tones, and the Greasebucket tone controls are awesome. Just buy it and start playing it. I play it through a Marshall MG30CFX, and the experience is truly awe inspiring.