XL+: The Ultimate Guitar Processor
The Axe-Fx II XL+ is the ultimate all-in-one preamp/effects processor. It contains a vast virtual inventory of hundreds of vintage and modern guitar amps, speaker cabinets, guitar stompbox and studio effects, and more. It accurately recreates the sound and feel of tube amps and can "tone match" the sound of your live amp or a recording. It is ideal for both stage and studio use, with heavy-duty construction and a high-quality, ultra low-noise design. The Axe-Fx II has superb sound with unrivalled power and flexibility, offering many improvements over traditional guitar amps and effects, including extremely light weight, precise sound control, computer integration, very simple rig design possibilities, and more. Despite its advanced technology, it is remarkably easy to use.
Easy-to-Use Front Panel Features
The Axe-Fx II XL+ can be completely controlled from the front panel via knobs, buttons, and a large backlit LCD display. The large VALUE knob is used for most setting changes, while four smaller QUICK CONTROL knobs give you hands-on access to extra parameters including SCENES. Scenes allow each of the 768 presets to contain 8 different combinations of effects on/off, amp XY "channel" selection, and more.
The Power for Extreme Amp Modeling
The equation is quite simple: more power equals the capability for better sound, with greater depth, detail, and dimensionality. The Axe-Fx II is the world's most powerful all-in-one guitar processor, with two state-of-the-art Analog Devices TigerSHARC DSPs offering many times the raw power of any competitor. One is dedicated solely to amp modeling while the other handles effects and other processing. We put this power to good use, individually modeling both preamp and power amp sections. Preamps are painstakingly modeled, typically with all the same controls as the original amps. We also model the entire power section including tubes, transformers, choke, filter caps and more. The results are amazing: big, yet tight bass, powerful mids, silky highs, and all of the "feel" that makes playing a great amp so enjoyable. There are 180+ different amp models onboard. They range from industry standards to boutique treasures, from the very best of vintage, to the leading edge of modern tones.
Superb Speaker Simulation
The Axe-Fx II features a high resolution speaker simulator with 150+ "Factory" models and room for 512 "User" cabs. locations. The Cab Block is the key to "direct" tone -- able to reproduce the sound of a cranked, properly mic'd amp at any volume without the variables that normally plague such setups in a live or studio setting (inconsistent sound, mic leakage, insane volume requirements, etc.). Factory cabs include selections from our own collection of professionally produced Cab-Packs, plus selections by today's top artists, engineers, and 3rd party IR designers like RedWirez and OwnHammer. You'll find a superb variety of cab and speaker sizes representing the greatest brands from history and the present day. You can even create your own User Cabs, with built-in tools to capture the sound of any speaker. In addition, we offer Cab-Lab, an IR mixer and tools application for Mac and Windows, designed specifically for those who want to create their own custom IR blends (like a producer or engineer might do with different mics on the same speaker).
Tone Matching extends this with the impressive ability to "clone" another device such as an amp, rig or recording. You can save the result in a single preset, or export it to a "User Cab" for use throughout your Axe-Fx II.
In addition to industry leading amp modeling, the Axe-Fx II is an incredibly powerful and flexible multi-effects processor, with ultra-realistic recreations of classic stomp boxes and rack processor effects. Effect models can be dialed in with a single knob to make all required settings for great sound in seconds, or tweaked at the deepest level with a completely modular approach. Like our amps, effects sound and feel great, with very musical response to enhance and inspire.
- 29+ Drive Pedal models
- Dozens of Delays
- 19 Reverb types
- Totally customizable Wah
- Highly customizable Whammy
- Fixed and Intelligent Harmony
- Shimmer, Crystals, etc.
- Phaser & Uni-VibeFlanger, Chorus
- Rotary Speaker
- Tone Match
- 7 powerful Filter types
- Graphic & Parametric EQs
- 3 Compressor types
- Front-end Noise Gate
- Mono Guitar Synth
- Built in Looper
- New "true" Tape Echo
- And more...
The Axe-Fx II also offers impressively flexible effects routing, with the ability to build accurate recreations of an entire rig of pedals and processors, plus designs never possible before now. In addition, it offers powerful realtime automation and control, with outstanding MIDI support and a great range of other control options (sweepy LFOs, dynamic Envelopes, a sequencer, two onboard pedal jacks, and more.)
USB Computer Integration
The Axe-Fx II offers a host of USB connectivity features. Connected to your Mac or PC, it becomes a 2x4 Audio Interface with 1x1 high speed MIDI. This allows you to record the main processed outputs and simultaneously capture a "dry" track for re-amping later. You can also monitor or process computer audio tracks with the Axe-Fx II. 1x1 high speed MIDI-over-USB eliminates the need for a separate MIDI interface and makes editing with Axe-Edit easier than ever before.
Great I/O Capabilities and Ultra Low Noise
The Axe-Fx II XL+ offers a range of essential input and outputs. Alongside balanced XLR outs, the ¼" unbalanced outputs feature our new Humbuster™ technology, which helps reduce the problems of ground loop noise without dangerous "cheater plugs" or expensive isolation transformers. Rear analog inputs are also balanced, for cleaner signal over greater distances. Special analog processing keeps the noise floor even lower on output 2, designed to be connected to the front of an amplifier. New "Secret Sauce III" offers the best signal-to-noise performance of any Axe-Fx ever. The front panel also now features a high quality headphone jack.
- Axe-Fx II (original) - Dual TigerSHARC, 384 presets, 100 User Cab Slots, RJ45 MFC-101 port, Mechanical main encoder, MIDI IN and OUT/THRU jacks, Single "Pedal" jack, 60mm fan.
- Axe-Fx II Mark II - EtherCON port for connecting MFC-101. 60 or 80mm fan
- Axe-Fx II XL - As above, but upgraded as noted: memory Increase to 768 presets, 500 User Cab Slots, EtherCON and FASLINK connectors, optical main encoder, dedicated MIDI THRU, lower noise floor, 80mm fan. "Secret Sauce III" input circuitry, flash ROM preset storage, built-in recovery firmware, dual onboard Expression Pedal jacks, "XL only" firmware features (such as XY on a greater number of blocks.)
- Axe-Fx II XL Plus - All of the above, plus a brighter sharper display, and an even lower noise floor.
The Axe-Fx II XL+ is our newest Axe-Fx II. In comparison to the Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II, it adds expanded memory and connectivity. In comparison to the original Axe-Fx II XL, it adds an improved (brighter, sharper) display, plus everything that made the original the choice of professionals everywhere:
- 200+ simulations of classic guitar and bass amps featuring G3 Modeling Technology for real tube amp sound and feel.
- Space for 768 Presets, each an entire rig with amp(s), cab(s) and effects.
- 130+ onboard speaker cabinet simulations including custom blends from RedWirez and Ownhammer.
- 512 memories to expand your tone with new Cab-Packs or your own user cabs.
- Hundreds of effects including all-time favorite stomp boxes and leading edge studio processor sounds.
- 25+ Drive pedal simulations.
- "Type" control makes it easy to dial in classic settings for delays, choruses, flangers, phasers, reverbs (and more).
- Extensive, versatile, professional I/O including balanced outputs, and SPDIF/AES digital I/O.
- Onboard stereo effects loop for inserting outboard equipment.
- USB provides 2×4 Audio Interface capability for easy recording/re-ampimg (Requires Mac OS 10.7.4 or newer, or Windows XP SP3 or newer)
- USB provides 1×1 high speed MIDI-over-USB. (Requires Mac OS 10.5.7 or newer, or Windows XP SP3 or newer)
- Built-in FASLINK™ port for connection to MFC-101 Mark III over a conventional XLR cable.
- Dedicated MIDI THRU jack provides lower latency MIDI relaying (vs. shared OUT/THRU in the Mark II).
- Two onboard PEDAL jacks for connecting the EV-1 or other expression pedals.
- VALUE knob features an optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations.
- “Secret Sauce III” instrument input features a lower noise floor than any previous Axe-Fx.
- Built-in backup firmware allows recovery in the event of complications during update.
- Backward compatibility with Axe-Fx II Mark I/II/XL presets via Axe-Edit software.
The Axe-Fx II XL+ is an advanced digital preamp and multi-effects processor for guitar, bass, and other musical instruments. It provides an end-to-end signal chain for recording or live use, with the sound and feel of real amps. Onboard, an extensive collection of virtual effects, amps, speaker cabs, microphones, studio processing, and more lets you "wire up" your own virtual rigs to save in any of 512 onboard preset memories. The Axe-Fx II is known for ease of use, powerful automation and remote control capabilities, and incredible flexibility. With extensive professional I/O, it is ready to be connected to full range powered speakers (or PA), traditional power amp and cabs, or mixing desk/recorder.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
It is a great product. However, even after paying for express shipping, the product reached me almost a week and a half late. Now the problem was with the delivery company, but in the end when a customer is inconvenienced, the blame is put on the company as a whole.
Its great. Thank You Bajaao for your wonderful service!
This is more or less revolutionary..... The utility this thing holds is just unlimited. The price is too high ..yes... But its totally worth all the money and a totally recommended to all those serious players out there.I personally think if you are one of those people who practise for 10 hours a day.. This SHOULD be a part of your equipment. Highly recommended and as always excellent service by bajaao. The packaging and delivery was ultra fast.
Finally bought this and This without a doubt is mindblowing. The tones are dreamlike.The noise is very very low no matter how high your gain is. Totally worth the money.