ZOOM H2N HANDY PORTABLE DIGITAL AUDIO RECORDER
Zoom has a history of delivering excellent Portable Audio Recorders at a great price point. This great looking new version. The Zoom H2n has a battery life of 20 hrs on an AA battery and an expandable memory of upto 32 GBs. It records Mp3 from 48 kbps to 320 kbps & WAV files upto 24bit/ 96kHz. Sporting a USB connection for direct file transfer Or as an Audio Interface to your Personal Computer.
Ergonomically the Zoom H2n is very well designed. The 1.8” LCD screen makes it easy to see what you’re doing while the play and navigation wheel lets you change settings and playback files. It features a simple and easy one-button-record operation. One of the principal features of the predecessor the Zoom H2 was its multiple recording patterns. The new H2n continues the tradition with more than 4 microphone capsules inside to capture multi dimensional audio. Get your hands on this amazing Product now!
THE WORKHORSE OF FIELD RECORDERS
The H2n Handy Recorder is the only portable recording device to come with five built-in microphones and four different recording modes: X/Y, Mid-Side, 2-channel surround and 4-channel surround. Other advanced features include automatic gain control and onboard MS decoding, plus effects like compression, limiting and low cut filtering. You can even use the H2n as a multi-purpose USB microphone!
Five microphones, four ways of recording
The H2n offers not one, not two, but five built-in microphones. Two of them are arranged as an X/Y pair, while the other three are configured in an MS ("Mid-Side") pattern. They can be used separately for X/Y or MS stereo recording, or combined to create stunning 2- or 4-channel surround sound.
Pre-Record, Auto-Record and Data Recovery
The interview started a split-second before you were ready. The conductor lifted his baton just as you were checking a cable. The talent went back on-air a moment too soon.
No problem… as long as you're using an H2n. Its Pre-record function automatically keeps the H2n silently but continuously recording in the background, all the time, keeping the previous two seconds* when you hit RECORD.
Auto-Record allows the H2n to automatically start recording when a certain level of sound is detected. As soon as an incoming signal exceeds the Start Level you've set, recording begins. There's an equivalent Auto-record Stop function, too; as soon as incoming signal drops below the Stop Level you've set, recording ends.
The H2n's Data Recovery feature automatically repairs corrupted files something that can happen if power is interrupted during recording or if an SD card is removed during a writing or editing procedure.
X/Y for natural-sounding stereo
The X/Y technique provides a great way to cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it perfect for all types of live stereo recording.
The H2n's built-in X/Y microphone provides two matched unidirectional microphones set at a 90 degree angle relative to one another, optimum for most stereo recording applications.
File types supported
The H2n can record audio in two different basic file types: WAV and MP3. The main difference between the two is that WAV files are uncompressed; that is, they contain all the recorded signal without any data being removed. The WAV files recorded by the H2n can be either 16- or 24-bit, with sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz, and are automatically time-stamped, making them Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compliant—especially important when recording audio for video since it allows for precise synchronization in post-production.
Battery life and recording times
The H2n requires just 2 AA batteries—either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH. Battery life when using alkaline batteries is more than 20 hours, even during continuous recording. Alternatively, you can use an optional AD-17 AC adapter, which allows you to power the H2n from any standard wall socket.
The H2n records directly to SD cards. It supports standard SD and SDHC cards, up to 32 gigabytes. The chart below shows maximum recording time with different file formats and card sizes.
4 CHANNEL MODE
- Five built-in microphones and four recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround
- Analog-type input gain control
- Auto Gain provides three preset recording levels
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Large 1.8 inch backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record and Pre-record features
- WAV to MP3 conversion
- Internal mixdown: four-track surround to stereo
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting and low-cut filtering
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize and Divide functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150% for phrase training
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as a USB microphone
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- SD card reader function
- Data recovery function automatically saves data if power fails or card is removed
- Mounts directly to tripod or DSLR
- Runs on only 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Over 20 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Recording media: 16MB–2GB SD cards, 4GB–32GB SDHC cards
- Built-in memory: Up to 1 minute in 96kbps MP3 format
- (Recording overwrites any previous recording in memory)
- Mic arrangements: 90˚ X/Y stereo, MS stereo with adjustable side mic level
- Recording modes: MS, XY, MS+XY (2ch), MS+XY (4ch)
- Microphone types: Directional (XY, MS mid mics)
- Bidirectional (MS side mic)
- Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB spl (directional)
- 122 dB spl (bi-directional)
- FILE FORMATS
- Stereo uncompressed PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz, 16 / 24bit WAV (BWF)
- Compressed MP3 (recording): 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 56 /64/80/96/112/128/160/192/ 224/256/320kbps
- (Not compatible with MS-RAW recording)
- Compressed MP3 (playback): 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 4ch uncompressed PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz, 16 / 24bit WAV (BWF)
- (Two stereo files for each recording)
- DIGITAL PROCESSING
- A/D conversion: 24-bit 128× oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit 128× oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Recording time (2GB card): 3:08:00 (44.1kHz/16bit WAV), 34:43:00 (128kbps MP3)
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- Lo cut: 80Hz high-pass filter
- Comp/Limiter: 3 types of compressors and 3 types of limiters
- Auto gain: Automatic input gain adjustment (3 levels)
- Pre rec: 2 seconds of pre-recording
- Auto rec: Automatic recording start/stop, continuous standby
- Tuner: "Chromatic, guitar, bass and alternate (A/E/G/D/DADGAD)
- tunings with automatic string detection"
- Metronome: 40–250 BPM range, five tones, pre-count
- Speed: Playback speed adjustable between 50–150%
- Key control: Playback pitch adjustable ±6 semitones
- (Cannot be used with 96kHz files)
- AB repeat: Repeats playback between selected points in a file
- File divide: Divides a file into two
- File normalize: Maximizes file volume
- (Cannot be used with MP3s)
- File MP3 encode: Converts WAV files to MP3 formats at fixed bit rates
- Mark: Up to 99 marks
- (WAV files only)
- Surround mixer: Adjusts mix balance when playing back 4ch surround recordings
- Display graphic: 128×64 pixels backlit LCD
- Input gain: 0 to +39 dB
- Input jack: Line/mic stereo mini jack with plug-in power
- 2 kΩ impedance at input levels of 0 to –39 dBm
- Output jack: Line/headphone stereo mini jack
- Rated output level: −10 dBm (output impedance 10 kΩ or more)
- Headphones: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32 Ω load)
- Built-in speaker: 400mW, 8Ω, mono
- USB: Mini-B type
- Card reader operation
- USB 2.0 high speed: Audio interface operation
- USB 1.0 full speed: Supports 44.1 / 48kHz sampling rates and 16-bit rate
- USB bus power operation supported
- Power: Two AA batteries, AD-17 USB to AC adapter (DC 5V 1A)
- "Continuous operation of 20 or more hours when recording
- 44.1kHz/16-bit WAV files using alkaline batteries"
- Physical features: Tripod mounting socket, strap attachment
- Dimensions: 67.6mm (W) × 113.85mm (H) × 42.7mm (D)
- Weight: 130 g (without batteries)